Welcome to Education Service Commission
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 constitution of the republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate.
The approved structure of the Commission comprises two Departments and three Support Units
- The Education Service Department
- The Finance and Administration Department
- The Policy Analysis Unit, Information Science Unit and Procurement Unit
Key functions of the Commission
The following functions of the Commission are spelt out in Section 8 of the Education Service Act, 2002
- To advise the President in performing his or her functions in relation to the Education Service as stipulated under Article 172 of the Constitution.
- To appoint persons to hold or act in any office in the Education Service, to confirm such appointments, to exercise disciplinary control over such persons and to remove them from office.
30th, April 2015
Find lists below for different centres, click on a center to download
2nd, April 2015
The Secretary, Education Service Commission informs all SUBSTANTIVELY appointed Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers that the Commission will carry out a redisgnation exercise from 4th to 15th May 2015 in Mbale, Mbarara, Gulu and Kampala.
All SUBSTANTIVELY appointed Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers (Secondary) are required to apply for redisgnation.