Welcome to Education Service Commission
The Education Service Commission is established by article 167 91) of the 1995 constitution of the republic of Uganda and article 168 (1) sets out its functions, authority and autonomy in implementing its mandate.
The approved structure of the Commission comprises two Departments and three Support Units
- The Education Service Department
- The Finance and Administration Department
- The Policy Analysis Unit, Information Science Unit and Procurement Unit
Key functions of the Commission
The following functions of the Commission are spelt out in Section 8 of the Education Service Act, 2002
- To advise the President in performing his or her functions in relation to the Education Service as stipulated under Article 172 of the Constitution.
- To appoint persons to hold or act in any office in the Education Service, to confirm such appointments, to exercise disciplinary control over such persons and to remove them from office.
30th, November 2016
NEW!! Validation ExerciseThe secretary education service commission informs all teaching and non teaching staff in government aided/owned secondary schools that the commission will conduct a validation exercise from 5th- 16th december at the following centres and venues:
18th, November 2016
This is to inform candidates who responded to advert no. 5/2016 that interviews will
(Gulu , Mbale and Mbarara )
15th, November 2016